Our house on Czarnieckiego Sq., 10 in Tykocin was built between 1885-1886 by Maximilian Kizling, the Tykocin bricklayer. In 1885 Maximilian married Konstancja Korżyńska, daughter of Jan Korżyński, owner of the water mill in Kiermusy and Marianna Pilis. This date of marriage in Tykocin parish church of Trinity appears on their wedding rings. So building a house had a close relationship with the foundation of a new family. The past 2015 year and the
current year are the years of the jubilee 130th anniversary of the founding family and rising new home. Another important event in the Kizling family took place in 1886, the birth of the first child, son Charles. The big renovation, carried out this year , which extended the life of the family home, became a part of this 130th anniversary.
On this important occasion it is worth to show the fate of the family with it's important moments as turning point - emigration to the United States .
Maximilian and Konstancj as many residents of Tykocin emigrated overseas probably at the end of 90 years of the XIX th century, along with their three children born in Tykocin: Charles, Louis and Leonia. However, not for all members of the family it was a trip of a one way ticket. After several years of living in New York, after another children were born, Konstancja decided to return back to Tykocin, together with four children.
Therefore, the house in Tykocin was still a family home for many generations of Kizling family and it still is.